Lets say that I am currently employed by company A and I sign a contract with company B and resign from A. It would take me some time (notice period) to start at the new company place, and I should file for my work permit application before that (all quite well understood)

Now, we know that Swedish migration board will take time to process the application. Will it render my previous work permit invalid. My work permit does say that it is for company A and it expires in 2013 (so quite some time before it is expired)

The response that I got from Swedish migration board

>The old UT-card can be used as long as the old permit is not cancelled. Usually the old permit cancels when the new permit approves.

This is ambiguous. When is my UT-card cancelled?